Today has been a good day. I think planning and thinking about my past hangups and how to address them has been a thing that has held me back in the past. Today, I went out to lunch with a good friend I have not seen in ages. We met up at the Logan's. I am a carbaholic, so anywhere that serves yeast rolls is a major temptation. I could eat those all day....until I found out that each one is 227 calories before I cut it open and smear butter in it. So, I sat across from those heavenly buttered rolls, and was not even tempted in the slightest. I moved them to the side of my friend and sipped on water while we waited for our meal. I think that is the first time I have gone there and not had the bread and a ton of peanuts. I had a salad with fat free vinegrette and managed to barely use any dressing at all. I know this all sounds silly, but I am focusing on those little daily things I do without thinking and changing them. Those are the things that have tripped me up and caused me to become obese. The funny thing is I did not feel deprived, and had a blast.
Yesterday, my goals were:
1. Exercise on the elliptical for 25 minutes (done )
2. Eat a healthy breakfast--since I have a tendancy to skip (done)
3. Plan and log all meals and snacks today. (done)
4. Walk a mile after supper tonight. --It was too late to walk by the time we finished supper, so I spent a little time on the stationary bike.
5. Drink 8+ glassed of water. (done--the final talley came to 10 glasses of H2O.)
Overall, I think I did really well. My meals were healthy. My mind stayed busy, so I was not preoccupied with food. I stayed under my calorie goal. And the best news was this morning I had lost 1.2 pounds since yesterday. That puts me up to a loss of 4.8 pounds since Sunday! I know this has to be mostly water weight, but I will revel in the glory of the smaller number on the scale.
Now, for today's goals:
1. Plan what I am going to eat at Logans and NOT eat rolls and peanuts. (Done--and did not feel deprived)
2. Do 25 minutes of cardio. --I am really needing to motivate myself with this today.
3. Drink 8+ glasses of water--at this point, I am at 6.
4. Log all food eaten.
5. Go for a walk at the park after supper if weather permits.
I am really feeling the forward momentum that I am making. This experience is the first time I have really thought that I could really lose weight. I actually made the comment "When I get to the weight I need to be..." I know this sounds silly, but I am planning to get down to where I need to be. Honestly, I do not know what I will look like, and I can not visualize what skinny for me will look like because I have never been skinny as a teen or adult. I do know that it will feel good. It will be a sense of freedom. It will be a weight lifted off of me (pardon the pun). I am anticipating that day.